Humane Society of Forsyth County Provides Vital Services to the Community
The Humane Society of Forsyth County No-Kill Shelter continues to provide vital services to the community - services which are even more critical in a "down" economy - and at no cost to Forsyth County taxpayers.
- HSFC took in 662 cats and dogs (a 5% increase over 2009) and found permanent homes for 639 animals -- 231 cats (54% increase) and 408 dogs (20% increase).
- The economy has rendered many people unable to care for their pets due to job losses or home foreclosures. HSFC offers a solution through the Community Pet Pantry, which provided food to 379 families, feeding 642 cats and 920 dogs.
- Pet overpopulation is an ongoing problem. The SNAP (Spay/Neuter) program provided vouchers for spaying or neutering 120 cats and 101 dogs to families who could not afford the procedure. HSFC also fights cat overpopulation through the Feral Cat Program's Trap-Neuter-Release efforts.
Operating funds for The Humane Society of Forsyth County No-Kill Shelter come entirely from fundraising events, donations, bequests, and sponsorships. HSFC receives no funding from the county, state or any animal-related organization. Support these HSFC programs by participating in the Mutts & More Festival on June 4!
Mutts & More Festival, Saturday, June 4, 2011
Put a leash on your pooch and join the fun at the Mutts & More Festival at the Cumming Fairgrounds on Saturday, June 4! This full day of entertainment for families and their pets is sure to draw animal lovers from across North Georgia. Proceeds benefit the Humane Society of Forsyth County No-Kill Shelter. Join us for the Race to Rescue 5K, Mutt Strutt Fun Walk, Pet Expo and Family Fun, and Bark After Dark. Enjoy pet demonstrations and animal care seminars; a variety of pet and craft vendors; carnival games and rides; food and entertainment.
Schedule of activities:
- Race to Rescue 5K - 8 am
- Mutt Strut Fun Walk - 10 am
- Pet Expo & Family Fun - 11 am to 5 pm - admission $1
- Bark After Dark - 7pm - admission $10
Humane Society of Forsyth County
Forsyth County News
The shelter is located at 4440 Keith Bridge Road, Cumming 30041. Visit www.forsythpets.org to view adoptable pets -- and for information about our programs and events. Or call 770-887-6480.